Donald Trump Jr. has reportedly given up his Secret Service protection because of privacy concerns, four sources familiar with Trump Jr.’s Secret Service protection confirmed Monday.
A senior administration official told The New York Times that the Secret Service stopped protecting President Trump’s oldest son last week.
The Secret Service declined to comment on its protection of the president’s eldest son.
“To ensure the safety and security of our protectees and their families, we will not confirm who is currently receiving Secret Service protection,” Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Miller told the newspaper.
Trump Jr. had previously requested to travel without protection during a family trip to Nassau, Bahamas, in late June, a move reluctantly accepted by the Secret Service. Trump Jr. and his family traveled aboard a yacht for several days without his full detail, CNN reported.