President Trump reportedly complained about coverage of himself to Fox News chief executive Suzanne Scott in a phone call late this summer, The New York Times reported Sunday.
Three people with knowledge of the call told the Times that the president complained to Scott that the news network was not covering him fairly.
Scott reportedly urged Trump to sit for an interview with Bret Baier, Fox News’ chief political anchor.
Trump has repeatedly attacked the network in the last few months, including criticizing anchor Shepard Smith, who abruptly resigned from Fox News on Friday.
The president attacked the network’s pollsters last week, saying they “suck” after a poll found majority support for impeachment.
“From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll,” Trump tweeted on Thursday.
“Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But @FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days,” he added.
A Fox poll released Wednesday found 51 percent of respondents supported Trump’s impeachment and removal from office.
He tweeted in August that the cable network “isn’t working for us anymore” and that his supporters “have to start looking for a new News Outlet.”
….I don’t want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2019
“The president [is] making clear to fact-check him is to be all but dead to him, and his legion of supporters who will let me know in no uncertain terms: I am either with him totally or I am a never-Trumper fully,” Neil Cavuto, host of Your World with Neil Cavuto, said during a nearly 4-minute response to Trump’s attack against Fox News.
“There are no grades, no middle ground—you’re either all in or you’re just out, loyal on everything or not to be trusted on anything,” Cavuto added.