Connect with us

The Guardians of Democracy

The Guardians of Democracy

He Did It Again! Trump Rally Attendees Left In Frigid Cold For Hours Waiting For Buses


He Did It Again! Trump Rally Attendees Left In Frigid Cold For Hours Waiting For Buses

President Donald Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, ended in chaos as thousands of the president’s supporters were left stranded in the dark and waiting for almost two hours for buses to take them back to their cars in near-freezing temperatures.

A similar scene had unfolded Tuesday night at a Trump rally in Omaha, Nebraska, when hundreds of the president’s supporters were left waiting in freezing temperatures for buses to take them back to distant parking lots. The campaign had failed to arrange for an adequate number of buses to take the supporters to their cars nearly 4 miles away from the rally site. Waiting for hours in frigid temperatures sent several people to the hospital as dozens received medical treatment at the scene.

Reporters on the ground in Pennsylvania found many unhappy Trump supporters who spent several hours stranded in low temperatures with no organized transportation back to their cars.

After Trump left on Marine One the buses that brought people to the rally were nowhere in sight.

CNN political reporters DJ Judd and Ryan Nobles tweeted several photos from the post-rally scene in Butler, Judd noted that “thousands of supporters who have been let loose into the night with no sign of the shuttles they’ve been told will take them back to parking.”

According to Judd and Nobles, the temperature was 41 degrees at that time.

Nobles described the scene as a “logistical nightmare,” with “thousands of people shoulder to shoulder, nowhere to go, no buses in sight, no direction from anyone from the Trump campaign to tell them where to go or how to get back to their parking spots.”

“It became so frustrating for many of these Trump supporters, they ended up just walking,” Nobles told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “That is the decision that our crew made, my producer and I walked about a mile to get to our parking lot.” According to Nobles, they passed many rally attendees who were walking at least three or four miles back to their cars.

Nobles said after he and Judd had tweeted their photos, the Trump campaign responded that they were sending buses, but it still took “more than an hour and a half.”

Nobles said many of the supporters “were already sitting outside in the cold for four, five hours waiting to hear the president speak and then had to wait for an hour or longer” before the buses picked them up.

“It was a huge headache for the thousands of people that came to this rally tonight,” Nobles concluded.


More in NEWS


To Top