Dr. Christine Ford, woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempted sexual assault when they were both teenagers, will be interviewed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation this afternoon in San Francisco, New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg tweeted Friday.
According to Stolberg’s report, the interview will “not” focus on her allegation against Kavanaugh, but will instead be about the “online and telephone death threats against her.”
NEW: Christine Blasey Ford will be talking to F.B.I. in San Francisco this afternoon — not about Kavanaugh (which they are not investigating) but about online and telephone death threats against her, per her lawyer Lisa Banks. https://t.co/5tHOywqNDF
— Sheryl Gay Stolberg (@SherylNYT) September 21, 2018
Ford’s lawyers told The New York Times that in addition to death threats, her email account has been hacked and she’s been forced to leave her home.
“She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats. As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home. Her email has been hacked, and she has been impersonated online,” Ford’s lawyer told Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley in a letter earlier this week.
President Trump, who has so far refused to order the GBI to open an investigation into Ford’s allegation, attacked her credibility on Twitter.
“If the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities,” Trumpp tweeted
“I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!” Trump wrote.
I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 21, 2018